Friday 25 August 2017

Wahine Toa program.

Hi today I am going to tell you what I've been doing this week.
I've been selected to be in the Wahine Toa group with 9 others. The group is made up of girls to build our confidence and to have better self esteem. Just the like the Mauri Ora group.
We do activities every week and we meet every Monday and Wednesday at school.
Some of our activities are
arts and crafts
Tai Chi
and more coming up in the next few weeks.


Art's and Crafts with Via our teacher for Art's and Crafts.

In our first lesson we did weaving with flax, which is called Harakeke.
I made a double heart out of flax and I gave it to my teacher.
And on our second lesson I made a hair piece with a brace-lit that matches it.
And if you want to see a photo off my double hart I will make sure I put it down below.


Tai Chi with Danny Gordon our teacher for Tai Chi.

In our first lesson for Tai Chi we had a little talk with Danny Gordon about the rules and about him self and what we are suppose to do and what we are not allowed to do.
For Tai Chi we were mixed together with the Mauri Ora group.
On our first lesson we learnt how to do the monkey face wash,and more fun moves and some actives of team work. And if you want to see some photos and one of the videos I will make sure to put it down below.







0 comments:

Post a Comment